"The McKay Interview"
On World Radio Switzerland - https://worldradio.ch/radio/shows/the-mckay-interview/
|From the 6th May 2016.
"The McKay Interview" is sponsored by:
The McKay Interview was founded on a simple idea in April 2013: that radio listeners in the Geneva region of Switzerland, and beyond, would tune in regularly to listen to intelligent yet relaxed, English-language conversation between me and people who I find interesting and who do interesting things.
All the “Interviews” conducted since then are listed and available below. You will see that a variety of prominent and thoughtful people have accepted my invitation and a wide range of topics have been covered.
I hope you enjoy listening:
- Simona Scarpaleggia, CEO of IKEA Switzerland and Co-Chair of the United Nations High-Level Panel on Women’s Economic Empowerment. 17th October 2016.
- Tim Jarvis AM, environmental scientist, adventurer, author and Antarctic polar explorer. 30th September 2016.
- Ambassador Henri Gétaz, Head of European Affairs at the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. 31st January 2017.
- Dr. Benoît Dubuis, Executive Director of Campus Biotech in Geneva. 12th September 2016.
- Claire Fox, Founder of the Institute of Ideas and frequent panellist on the BBC’s “Moral Maze”, “Any Questions” and “Question Time”. 14th September 2016.
- A Special “McKay Interview” Panel Debate recorded in front of a live audience at the International School of Lausanne. 21st November 2016. ‘What does the new US President mean for Switzerland, Europe and the World?’
- Christopher Long CMG, British Ambassador to Switzerland & Liechtenstein 1988-1992. 20th November 2016
- The Honorable Kent Brown, the United States former Ambassador to Georgia. This interview is the sixth and last in the mini-series based loosely on Winston Churchill’s “A History of the English-speaking Peoples”. 15th November 2016.
- Adam Deen, Managing Director of the Quilliam Foundation (UK) and a reformed Islamic extremist. 12th October 2016.
- Lady Barbara Judge CBE, Chairman of the Institute of Directors. 10th October 2016.
- Raymond Loretan, President of the Diplomatic Club of Geneva; former Swiss Ambassador to Singapore and to Brunei. 7th September 2016.
- Paul Drechsler CBE, President of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI).Tuesday 13th September 2016.
- Conseiller d’Etat Mr. Antonio Hodgers, Department of Planning, Housing and Energy. Republic & Canton of Geneva. 6th September 2016.
- Hans Koch. CEO of KKL, the internationally famous Culture and Congress Centre in Lucerne. 9th August 2016.
- Esteve Calzada, Founder & CEO of Prime Time Sport and former Chief Marketing & Commercial Officer of FC Barcelona. 2nd June 2016.
- Tim Sebastian, TV journalist, author and first presenter of BBC’s HARDtalk. Wednesday 1st June 2016
- The Hon. Ian Paisley, MP for North Antrim. 25th May 2016
- Conseiller d’Etat Mr. Pierre Maudet, Department of Securité & Economy, Republic & Canton of Geneva. 12th May 2016
- Heinz Karrer, President of economiesuisse, Switzerland’s premier business organisation for promoting optimum work conditions and free enterprise. 9th March 2016.
- Her Excellency Ms. Jennifer MacIntyre, Canada’s Ambassador to Switzerland & Liechtenstein. This interview is the fifth in the mini-series of six based loosely on Winston Churchill’s “A History of the English-speaking Peoples”. 8th March 2016.
- Dr. Bob Bishop, Founder & President of the International Centre for Earth Simulation (ICES) Foundation. 11th February 2016
- Anthony Browne, Chief Executive of the British Bankers’ Association. 1st March 2016.
- Aldo Giacomello, Senior Head Concierge and 50 years at the Hotel Beau-Rivage, Geneva; Honorary President & Goodwill Ambassador of the Union Internationale des Concierges d'Hôtels (UICH), “Les Clefs d’Or”. 5th February 2016
- Kate Adie OBE DL, BBC Chief News Correspondent, 1989 – 2003. 1st February 2016
- His Excellency Mr. Michael Møller, Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva. 2nd February 2016.
- Sir David Michels Chairman of Michels & Taylor, London & Capital, Miroma and Iconic Bet.com ; former Chief Executive of Hilton Group plc. 13th January 2016.
- Debbie Jevans CBE. No.1 in The Guardian’s list of the 50 most influential women in British sport; former CEO of England 2015 (Rugby World Cup). 27th November 2015.
- Lord Mark Poltimore, Deputy Chairman of Sotheby’s Europe. 12th November 2015.
- Dr. James Gillies, Director of Communication at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). 12th October 2015.
- Dr. Charles-Henry Rochat for Movember 2015. 5th November 2015.
- David Worlock, cyber-security expert and chairman of the UK’s Business Information Industry Association. 8th October 2015.
- James Breiding, author of “Swiss Made – the untold story behind Switzerland’s success”. 25 Sep 2015
- The Rt Hon Ann Widdecombe DSG. 23 Sep 2015
- Dr. Charles Jefford, Professor Emeritus of Organic Chemistry at the University of Geneva. 18 Sep 2015
- Dan Mitchell, Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute. 7 July 2015
- His Excellency Mr. John Quinn, Australia’s Ambassador & Permanent Representative to the United Nations Geneva and Permanent Representative to the Conference on Disarmament. This interview is the fourth in the mini-series of six based loosely on Winston Churchill’s “A History of the English-speaking Peoples”. 12th June 2015.
- Peter Kellner, President of YouGov plc. 12th June 2015
- Lorenzo Stoll, Director-General, Suisse Romande, SWISS International Air Lines. 27th May 2015
- Jazz Great Monty Alexander. 10th May 2015
- Archbishop Silvano Tomasi C.S., Permanent Observer of Holy See to the United Nations in Geneva. 7th May 2015.
- Dr. Aki Hintsa, Founder of Hintsa Performance and Team Doctor of McLaren - Formula 1. 18th February 2015.
- Doing Business in Lausanne and the La Côte region of Switzerland. 11th March 2015.
- Dr. Simon Heffer, British journalist with the Daily Mail and, Daily Telegraph; author and political commentator. 3rd March 2015.
- Her Excellency Ms. Amanda Ellis, New Zealand’s Ambassador & Permanent Representative to the United Nations Geneva. This interview is the third in the mini-series of six based loosely on Winston Churchill’s “A History of the English-speaking Peoples”. 4th February 2015.
- Norman Hay, former CEO of Cargill International. 30th January 2015.
- Andrew Wolstenholme OBE, Chief Executive, CROSSRAIL. 20th January 2015.
- The Mayor of Geneva Mr. Sami Kanaan. 5th January 2015.
- Henk Potts – Economy Strategist at Barclays Bank, London. 20th November 2014.
- His Excellency Mr. David Moran, the United Kingdom’s Ambassador to Switzerland & Liechtenstein. This interview is the second in the mini-series of six based loosely on Winston Churchill’s “A History of the English-speaking Peoples”. 13th November 2014.
- Konji Sebati MD – Republic of South Africa’s former Ambassador to Switzerland & Liechtenstein, the Holy See, France, UNESCO and the OECD. This interview is the first in a mini-series of six based loosely on Winston Churchill’s “A History of the English-speaking Peoples”.
- Rory Bremner, well-known British impressionist, comedian and satirist. 7th November 2014.
- Hans Olsen – Global Head of Investment Strategy, Barclays Bank, New York. 7th November 2014
- The Rt. Hon. Lord Lothian PC QC Chairman of MEC International Ltd. Chairman of the Global Strategy Forum 22nd October 2014
- The Hon. G. Anthony Hylton, MP. Jamaica’s Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce. 15th October 2014
- Vicky Ellis, British yachtswoman who as skipper of “Switzerland” in the2013-2014 “Clipper Round the World Race”, finished 5th out of twelve yachts. 29th September 2014.
- Mr. Michael Møller - Acting Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva. 23rd June 2014
- Professor Dominique Turpin, President of IMD, Lausanne. 26th May 2014
- General The Lord Richards of Herstmonceux, former Chief of the U.K. Defence Staff. 15th May 2014
- Jesùs Martin-Garcia, Founder & General Partner, Eclosion S.A. 6th May 2014
- Guy Ryder - Director-General of the International Labour Organization. 5th May 2014
- Ambassador William L. Swing, Director-General, International Organization for Migration. 2nd May 2014
- Vicky Pryce – Former Director-General in the British Government’s Business Department & and Joint-Head of the UK Government’s Economic Service. 3rd April 2014
- The McKay Interview with Ivan Pictet: on the modern significance of the 200th anniversary of La Restauration genevoise 1814 – 2014 and Geneva joining the Swiss Confederation. 26th March 2014.
- Charles Moore, authorised biographer of Baroness Thatcher of Kesteven. 24th March 2014
- Dr. Daniel Warner - Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces & Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, 17th March 2014
- The McKay Interview with André Borschberg, co-founder and co-pilot of Solar Impulse. 27 February 2014
- The McKay Interview with Peter Gooderham CMG, former UK ambassador to the UN. 25th February 2014
- Baroness Ariane de Rothschild, Vice-Chairwoman of Edmond de Rothschild Group. 19th February 2014
- Professor Julian Lindley-French, Member of Strategic Advisory Panel to the UK Chief of Defence Staff. Member of Academic Advisory Board, NATO Defense College. 11 Feb 2014
- Guy Healey of Lloyds Bank on the bank's 100 year history in Geneva. 10 February 2014
- The McKay Interview with racing legend Sir Jackie Stewart, 7 February 2014
- The McKay Interview with WIPO DG Francis Gurry, Michael McKay talks to the Director-General of the World Intellectual Property Organization, Francis Gurry. 31 January 2014
- Stephanie Jarrett - Tax and companies talks to Michael McKay on how companies arrange their tax positions. 17 January 2014
- Ambassador Sarah Gillett, British Ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein. 7 Jan 2013
- Swiss astronaut Claude Nicollier, 06 January 2014
- The McKay Interview: Jacques Mayer, Michael McKay is talking to Jacques Mayer, the fourth generation of his family to run the famous Beau Rivage Hotel in Geneva. 09 December 2013
- Dr. Teddy Püttgen, Professor of Energy Systems Management, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - EPFL . 14 Nov 2012
- Jean-Pierre Cuoni, Founder & Chairman of EFG Bank, Switzerland. 1 Nov 2013
- United States Permanent Representative to the United Nations Geneva, Ambassador Betty E. King. 31 Oct 2013
- Pierre Ruetschi, Editor-in-Chief, Tribune de Genève. 15 Oct. 2013
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Director-General, United Nations Office at Geneva. 3 Oct 2013
- Pierre Maudet, Councillor of State, Republic & Canton of Geneva. 4 Sept 2013
- Diane Abbott, Member of Parliament for Hackney North & Stoke Newington. 31 July 2013
- David Willey, the BBC’s Rome Correspondent since 1972. 20 June 2013.
- Dr. Rajna Gibson Brandon, Professor of Finance, University of Geneva. 17 June 2013
- Ambassador Luzius Wasescha, President of the Diplomatic Club of Geneva. 8 May 2013
- Dr. Fred Singer, Emeritus Professor, University of Virginia. 2 Dec 2012
- Professor Victoria Curzon-Price, University of Geneva: On the Causes of the Economic Crisis. 20 November 2012
- Robert Deillon, CEO of Geneva International Airport. 24 Oct. 2012
A video conversation between William L. Swing, Director-General of the International Organization for Migration, and Michael McKay.
At the Citizenship By Investment - International Residence Summit Europe - Geneva
(14th June 2016)
Zurich Salon debate on why Westerners are attracted to, and joining, terrorist groups.
The speakers are Adam Deen of the Quilliam Foundation, Dr. Prem Mahadevan of the Center for Security Studies at the ETH Zurich, and Frank Furedi, author and former professor of sociology at the University of Kent.
Our debate was chaired by Michael McKay, presenter of "The McKay Interview" on World Radio Switzerland.
The debate took place on 8th March 2016 at Zentrum Karl der Grosse in Zurich.
Why are so many Westerners joining terrorist groups?
(8th March 2016)
Swiss Style / Dukascopy TV
My collaboration with Swiss Style magazine and Dukascopy Bank TV started in 2013. The aim of the programme series reflects the seriousness and determination of both of my associates, namely to examine topical, business issues through in-depth interviews with the leaders of companies at the top of their field.
Private Aviation - With Rob Wells and Greg Thomas on private aviation
(6th November 2013)
Brand's Heritage - With Carole Hubscher and Alain Zimmermann
(22nd August 2013)
Swiss Affluent Retail Market - With Elisabeth Metzger and Thierry Outin
(2nd July 2013)
Banking Sector - With Monica Gibson on 'banking and tobacco'
(31st August 2012)
PAX PRESS AGENCY - Sierra Leone’s struggle against Ebola: an interview with Her Excellency Ms. Yvette Stevens, Ambassador & Permanent Representative to the United Nations Geneva.
(Geneva 27th October 2014)